Thursday, August 19, 2010

It's August and stuff...

Yo, somehow my "recovery" 40 mile week turned into 52 miles, I can dig it.

Kinda fooled around with mileage this week, and didnt stick to Mr. Pfitz' plan as much as normal, got some solid medium distance runs in (10-12 milers), and awesome track workout in (800 repeats), and wound up with a 10k PR at LobsterFest 10k yesterday (38:47).

The race went a little something like this:
Rolled into Rockland around 7:30am, and the weather could not have been better... low 60s, ZERO humidity, ocean breeze... perfection.   Met up with Bob Wiles, whom I played football with in high school.. somehow we both became pretty serious runners as we matured, I can only imagine how good the GAHS XC team might have been in the mid-90s if we knew then what he know now!

After an easy 2 mile warm-up we gathered at the start, eyeing the rest of the runners I realized I had an awesome shot at an AG win... except Bob is in my AG, so nevermind.

It's been a few weeks since I started this race report, and kinda forgot most of it... but anyway, set a PR and it felt goooooood.   38:45..

for some reason I wanted to wear a bandana... i dunno about that look....

No comments:

Post a Comment