Monday, June 7, 2010

Did Work.

Tomorrow (June 8th) marks my 1 year anniversary of returning to running. 
I started running at 19 because I was sick of being fat, quit college football, and wanted to get in shape.  Little did I know, I was kinda good at this running thing and got addicted.  I ran a few half-marathons, dropped a ton of weight, won some age-group awards... then just stopped.

I somehow lost my way, and was busy living life.  It's hard to run when you wake up in a new city and are still hung over from the night before.  After 6 years of casually trying to run once and while, a year ago this week I decided enough was enough and went on my first "real" run again.   I couldnt finish an easy 3 mile loop.  But I went back the next day and tried again... and again, and fell back in love.

365 days later I've completed 2 marathons, beat my 5k PR (from 2000 without even trying), and at 30 years old, I'm at the same weight I was in 8th grade...seriously.

I can't wait to see where I'm at next June.  I fucking love running.

No comments:

Post a Comment